Garden

Garden

Monday, June 2, 2014

Since I was late

I thought I'd write 2 blog posts. 

I went back to see what I had been writing about in February and realized I could continue from there. 

So January we had the fire in the Zamboni room, got through 3 weeks of restoration work, heating unit for the temporary area died and we suffered through the 3 coldest weeks of the winter with no heat. In April the heat comes back on. Only it turns out the unit had never been fixed and as a result my boss gets carbon monoxide poisoning. It took 2 days to convince someone there was wrong. I was the only one who didn't get exposed but that is only because my boss had to close the library due to the high levels. 
So we're back to no heat which isn't terrible because it is finally spring and not freezing anymore. At this point there has been a decision to replace the units instead of fix them & the job is out for tender. We're pessimistically thinking it should be fixed about the time we move into the renovated building. Which we tentatively think will happen in September. Maybe.  
Okay I'll admit to becoming jaded about the whole project. One day I will have windows again. Some day, in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.