Garden

Garden

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tired

School has started and youngest son is finally set to tackle grade 12. Already I can see where he's going to have to work hard just to get by. He's going to have to get used to putting in many more hours on school work if he wants to be finished in time to qualify to graduate with the class at the local high school.

Eldest son is gradually changing his awake/sleep routine so he is up longer during the day. This is in preparation for the upcoming ski season. He'll need to start getting into better physical condition too if he doesn't want to suffer too many injuries.

Hubby is working hard as usual. Bouncing back and forth from a scheduled job is throwing us all for a loop. I think he is looking forward to a break, just to get some uninterrupted sleep.

As for me it's been training, training and more training lately. I have 4 OverDrive training sessions this month for work. The service allows our local library members to download audio and e books. It's a great service, just a bit clunky in the operation. We've also had some training on the new website platform. I'm almost set to make the website live, just a few more tweeks, depending on what the staff and board say. I have some longer projects for stuff to add but it can wait till after we go live. Story times are starting and I've got to organize my own as well as make sure the others have everything they need.
I've partnered with Community Outreach to run a program at the library for teens. We'll be doing live readings once a week during the lunch hour. The teens bring their lunch and listen and relax while I read. I'm hoping to have a small but dedicated crowd for this one.
I'm looking forward to the YRL conference this week. It will be the first I've attended so I'm hoping to get something out of it.

Every time I look at my calendar there seem to be more things coming up. But it all goes to making things easier down the road. We just have to keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.