Garden

Garden

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

I'm been very productive today, laundry, dishes, gardening, even cleaned my garden tools. Now I'm sitting at the kitchen table listening to Radio Riel and feeling like a dinosaur. Which doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's more a sense of "am I the only one?" I blog (obviously, all sarcasm intended), use Twitter, Flickr, Second Life, EMAIL even. I've been working on building a PLN (personal learning network) because life long learning was how I was raised.
Yet... my parents don't have a computer, my brother barely checks email, even the extended family is just scratching the surface of online life. My sister-in-law is more connected, although it is more limited to consumption rather than creation (mobility issues hamper typing etc.) The in-laws are online more, but also more as consumers than creators. The majority of my friends are the same.
Am I going to have to bite the bullet? Am I actually going to have to join Facebook just to keep in touch with my own family and friends? I think I'd rather keep using the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.