Garden

Garden

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making it work

Hubby and I went out for lunch today. We try to go out for breakfast or lunch every 2 weeks or so. It gives us some alone time without the continuous interruptions that seem to occur at home. As always we ran into someone we haven't seen in a while and did a quick catch-up.
The number of people we know on their second or third marriage, moving back with their parents (in their 40's!), giving up on their kids because they're too much work, is astounding. Makes me feel like a dinosaur for being happy to remain with my first husband, in our own house with our late-teen kids. Apparently it isn't fashionable to be family oriented or to work through problems rather than bail on them. If it weren't for the fact that I'm joined at the hip with technology, I'd think I was several generations out of step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.