Garden

Garden

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Contemplation

I am a ponderer. I was never one of those people who could whip up an essay or report at the drop of a hat. I have always been the one who starts right away doing the research, gets pulled down a few rabbit holes along the way, then lets it 'sit'. If I'm in the middle of a project, and I am ALWAYS in the middle of something, you will find a pile or 2, (or 12 - sorry dear) of research materials, scraps of paper with thoughts, snippets, and links to other info, seemingly unrelated reading material and mail.

[The mail has nothing to do with the projects it just ends up there. Envelopes do make great bookmarks/note cards, you just need to make sure they're empty :-( ]

It is only the projects that have deadlines that ever get 'done.' I would rather do research than write. There is always more information to find, comparisons to make and perspectives to explore. I have a hard time saying something is complete, finished, done. Writings are only snap shots of something at a certain time, in a certain place, from a certain angle. You can never have the complete story.

I'd rather 'sit' with it, spouting thoughts ever once in a while, adding new info, and seeing what happens. Pondering/contemplation could be my hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.