Garden

Garden

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What Happened to August?

I think I'll cut myself some slack since I've been sick for the last few days, but what about the last few weeks?
My boss has recently implemented a chart where we track all events, meetings, exam invigilation, etc. We have to include the date, what it is, attendance if it is an event, length and who attended. She can then print this out for the library board so they have a clearer idea what we are doing and how much time it takes to do.
Of course it's not perfect. It can't take into account the discussions in passing, that can solve a problem or provide a Eureka! moment. With 4 part time staff we each take the lead in different areas and for different events/projects, but the rest are there to help them get it done.
What does that have to do with the last few weeks? If it weren't for that chart I may have forgotten there were summer reading program wrap-ups, space planning meetings, newsletter preparation, exams and more. Add to that, just getting through the day in a busy tourist town and it's no wonder I finally got sick. (It didn't help that both my sons brought some bug home from work too)
So I'm sitting at home trying to get some paperwork done for work. The job may be part time but occasionally the paperwork is full time. And as we all know, paperwork waits for no man.
Now where is that cough syrup...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.