Garden

Garden

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Into the night...

My mother hates to tell my bad/sad news because I'm so far away and can't do anything. I, on the other hand, hate being blindsided when someone else mentions something I SHOULD know! Following the advice of my best friend Allison, I've started periodically checking the notices on my hometown's funeral home website. Yeah, I know it's rather morbid, but... (shrug)

This week it turned out to be a good thing as I learned one of my Dad's oldest friends had passed. My brother and I were discussing how this would affect him. Dad is now in a position where he is in the funeral home almost every week to say good bye to someone he knows. I can only imagine how hard it can be to cope with that sadness. And how easy it would be for it to slide into depression.

I remember when my Grandmother realized she was the only one left in the area of her generation. I really believe that is when she decided it was time. She was gone by the end of the month.

Death is part of Life. We forget that sometimes and learning how to cope is one of the best skills we can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.