Garden

Garden

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I missed you

I got the job. You remember, that one you told me years ago to go for. You would have cheered me on when I got the temporary position and harassed me about taking so long to make up my mind. "See, you were meant for this. " I can hear you say with a big smile in your voice. I miss you.

The snow is gone. We should be talking flowers, how did your perennials do and what are you planting this year. I miss you.

At Easter I watched my sister-in-law do the dishes with her sister and friend and realized that used to be us. We were the ones who always did the dishes after the big family meals. Taking a few moments together in your aunt's tiny kitchen to do the dishes, talk about family, our lives and the mundane things. Those moments surrounded by the hustle and murmur of a well fed extended family ( including those we'd adopted as family.) It struck me then how much I missed you. 

This will never go away. I know it will get easier but for now...I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.