Garden

Garden

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This Stinks

The library I work for has been getting money for a summer staff member for years from the STEP program. This position has meant I could alter my schedule to accommodate running the summer reading during the week.
The provincial government has suspended the STEP program starting immediately. This means I will not be able to change my schedule, meaning I won't be able to run a drop in SRP during the week. It also means my more successful outreach SRP with our town's summer care program for elementary school age kids is on the chopping block. After 6 years of work to get it to this point I have to seriously look at cutting the program.
Given my work schedule and Summer Fun's daily schedule there will be only a few hours that might work for both of us. Having struggled with timing before with them... let's just say I don't have a lot of hope it could work. But I will try. I've got to contact the coordinator this week and see what she has in mind for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.