Garden

Garden

Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's been a hell of a month.

Sometimes the only thing you can do when life gets overwhelming is keep your head down and push through. That is how this last month has been, a bunch of little things that added up to a load of stress.
I think the hardest part was the departure of one of my coworkers. Living in a tourist town means getting used to people moving on frequently. Occasionally you really connect with someone and it is even harder when they move on. In this case she was not only a coworker, but a friend and parenting mentor. The move was unexpected but necessary and I hope all goes well for her and her family. Unfortunately it leaves a few holes in my life :(
Add some health issues, some problems with our library renovation, the start of the summer reading program, a 10 day 30C+ stretch (read not much sleep) and an eruption of mosquitoes and other biting insects and that is has been my month.
I had plans for this post being much more emotional/philosophical, but apparently my sleep deprived state is not making it possible. In the end all I can do is hope the next month will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.