Garden

Garden

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer

After the craziness of the last few weeks, we are starting to return to normal around here.

I'm sitting enjoying the peace and quiet. I like this time of year, it's only me and the pets up early in the morning. Oh, the sun has broken through the clouds, giving us a brief glimpse of "real" summer weather. (It's been grey, cool and rainy a lot this month.) Can you tell I'm desperate for some good weather?

The mail strike is over and one of the first things we received was youngest son's last 2 marked correspondence workbooks. Of course he has already done the course final exam and the diploma exam. If he passes both his diploma exams he will graduate high school. After 6 years of homeschooling and correspondence I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we're done. It's a milestone not only for him but for the family.

Youngest son continually amazes me. Over the last few years he has been the "go-to" person for the extended family. He has dog sat, house sat, assisted relatives when they have been ill or injured and generally been the person to call if you needed assistance. Monday he went out to check the employment scene here in town. I assumed he would be collecting application forms and places that he could apply. He was scruffy and disheveled, I have seen him look better for a rugby game. So what happens? The second place he goes to, he gets hired and started that evening. I hope he works hard.

Well it looks like the peace and quiet is over. I'd better get on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that all comments are moderated.